- A specialised yoga class to best suit your changing body throughout your second and third trimester of pregnancy.
- With gentle pregnancy yoga postures for a safe yoga practice.
- No previous yoga experience required.
- Small class numbers for safe supervision and personal guidance.
- A natural way to alleviate common pregnancy discomforts such as hip pain, back ache, sciatica and general body tension.
- A nurturing time to relax, renew your energy and reduce the effects of every day stress.
- Provides a special time for mum to connect with her baby.
- A great way to prepare for labour naturally by practicing the principles of 'Active Birthing'.
- Meet other mothers-to-be and feel supported throughout your pregnancy.
- Bring your own yoga mat OR ask Jo to bring one for you at the time of booking.
When to start
- Start anytime from 16 weeks of pregnancy and continue right up until your 'due date'.
- Tuesday 5.30- 6.30pm.
Class Dates 2019
- Weekly Tuesday classes starts October 15.
- $20 per class/ casual rate. You will need to book each time you would like to attend to ensure availability.
- OR prepay $95 for a block of 5 consecutive classes. Book in first to save the 5 classes, then no need to rebook each week. No credits for any missed classes for the space has been reserved especially for you.
Method of payment for casual is cash; sorry no eftpos. For prepay block of 5 classes can be cash or bank deposit. See 'class bookings' below.
- Bookings via text are to be made at least 24 hours prior to the class times.
- Once a booking has been confirmed a yoga space will be saved just for you.
- Block of 5 classes can be paid by cash at the beginning of your first class or by bank deposit. Ask Jo for details.
- Casual classes to be paid by cash.
- Please read 'Etiquette for yoga classes'.
About The Teacher
Jo brings many skills to her unique pregnancy yoga classes. She has been teaching Classical Yoga for more than 10 years and specialises in Pregnancy and Postnatal Recovery. She is a practising Registered Nurse for more than 25 years, specialising in Women's Health and brought the HypnoBirthing® Mongan Method Childbirth Education Program to the N.T.
What Mums Say
"Jo's pregnancy yoga has been so wonderful, not just for the physical and mental support during my pregnancy but also the social aspect of meeting like minded mums. Thank you!" Julia- Rose Lewis, April 2018
"Going to Yoga Motion felt like a treat to myself every time. Being able to focus on my body and my pregnancy without distractions and in a positive way was really nice. Jo is very knowledgeable" Anthea, November 2017"I feel confident and calm in what my body can do. Jo gently guides us and provides support for wherever we are in our pregnancy journey" Emma, Oct 2017
"Jo is very friendly, approachable and most of all knowledgeable. I have learnt so much about so many different aspects. I look forward to continuing classes post birth. Thank you, I'm sure my pregnancy has been better because of your classes xxx" Lisa Marriott, Aug 2017
"After working all day at a desk, I loved coming to Jo's yoga classes for the gentle practice and relaxation. The sessions are perfectly structured for pregnancy and preparing for an active birth" Jade Tavane, March 2017"A wonderfully balanced class to support all aspects of pregnancy. Jo's experience is invaluable and she offers great insights and knowledge. One of a kind in Alice Springs" Rachel, Nov 2016
'Birth Stories' from Mums that attended Jo's Pregnancy Yoga Classes: