- Suitable for the new/ beginner or for those returning to yoga after some time.
- Or for those that prefer to stay at the beginners level.
- A therapeutic yoga style focusing on health and general wellbeing.
- Guiding you through a gentle yoga practice, breath awareness and relaxation.
- A balanced class that gradually builds strength and flexibility.
- Improving your posture and body alignment.
- Yoga props are provided to best support you or be guided with alternative poses.
- Bring your own yoga mat or mats can be provided with your booking.
Class Dates 2019
Weekly Wednesday classes starts October 16
- $20 per class/ casual rate.
- Method of payment is cash. Sorry no eftpos.
- Bookings are required, due to limited space.
- The best way to book is to send Jo a text.
- Please text Jo the day before or no later than 1 hour prior to the class.
- Doors will be open 10 minutes prior to the class start time.
- For first time students a registration form is to be completed before the class.
- Pay by cash (sorry no eftpos) when you arrive for class.
- Or when you make a booking ask Jo for bank details for a bank deposit.
- Please read 'Etiquette for yoga classes'.
About the Teacher
Jo is the founder of Yoga Motion and has been teaching Classical Yoga for more than 10 years. She is also a practising Registered Nurse for more than 25 years. This extensive experience promotes a safe yoga practice, as the yoga poses are adapted to best suit the individual student.
What Students Say
"I have found through the many years of yoga practice I am provided with increased self awareness and a constant feeling of centredness. Yoga gives me clarity and balance in my everyday life" Christopher, April 2018"Thanks for a wonderful class Jo. I feel very lucky to have a yoga teacher in Alice Springs with your commitment and deep experience. I found the class very beneficial" Helen Whitfield, March 2017"Jo has a profoundly intimate knowledge of yoga. She has much to teach and is generous with her time. Her sequences and poses allow you to flow through the class, aligning the body in bio mechanical synergy- allowing the muscles and joints to stretch and strengthen in a safe and supported balance" Jasmine Sammut (Physiotherapist), February 2017
"I have been a student of Jo's yoga class for four years. Jo is a sincere, skilled and knowledgeable teacher who has devoted many years into developing her wonderful, mindful practice. My advice to new students is- don't be afraid to ask questions and go deeper!" Helen Gary, November 2016
"Yoga is not simply an exercise in stretching, it is a philosophy of life that teaches the individual how to achieve a calm mind. The therapeutic effects can benefit anyone, regardless of age, beliefs, disposition and physical capabilities. Essentially, yoga is a complete science of humanics, dealing with all aspects of man from the physical to the psychological, intellectual and emotional" [Yoga Teacher: P.S.Iyengar]