- A comprehensive natural childbirth education program that is evidence based, to inform and empower parents about birthing choices.
- Includes birth preferences that are flexible and supportive of the Australian Health Care Model. These are suitable for a hospital birth, birth centre or home birth.
- Learn a wide range of natural birthing techniques for stress reduction, relaxation and mindfulness. These techniques are beneficial for the mother and baby and for her birth companion.
- The birth companion plays an integral role in HypnoBirthing®. They will learn how to support the mother and be her advocate during labour and birth. They will also receive a set of birthing guides and prompts.
- Promotes teamwork between the mother and her birth companion.
- Learn to reduce or eliminate tension and release fear associated with birth and parenting.
- Supports the principles of an 'active birth' and covers other topics such as pregnancy nutrition and exercise.
- Learn more about the fourth trimester such as skin-to-skin bonding and breastfeeding.
- Receive ongoing support right up until your birthing day.
- Provides an optional orientation to the birthing suite at the local hospital.
- Follow up 6 weeks post birth is preferable but also optional.
- The new 4th Edition HypnoBirthing® Mongan Method book and Marie Mongan Relaxation Cd.
- MP3 Australian Version with Birthing Affirmations, Rainbow Relaxation, Partner Affirmations and BONUS track: Bonding and Birth Rehearsal.
- Class education folder.
When To Start
- The best time to attend is from 20 weeks and finish by 35 weeks of pregnancy.
- Recommended to start classes no later than 30 weeks.
- However, if you are expecting twins it is best to finish by 34 weeks.
We recommend you start between 20 to 30 weeks of pregnancy giving you time to complete the 5 week course, absorb the content, practice the techniques and implement the skills into your daily life BEFORE BIRTH. This is so important, as you will then naturally and instinctively know how to react to stress and then when the time comes for your labour and you feel strong sensations you will be able to release the tension and work with your body RATHER than against it. Practice, practice, practice! The is no substitute, the more you practice the better prepared.
Length of Class
- 5 private sessions.
- Each session is 2.5 hours in duration.
- With private sessions dates and times of the class can be flexible.
- You can do the five sessions weekly, bi weekly or over an extended time, aiming to finish the program by 35 weeks of pregnancy.
- A weekend 'crash course' is not recommended. Read Why?
What Mums say
"Jo's loving support and gentle education has been invaluable in the lead up to our birth. My partner and I learnt how birthing is for the family, not just the mother. We have become a wonderful team. Thankyou Jo. We are so grateful" Julia- Rose, February 2018
"The HypnoBirthing classes were extremely helpful in relieving my anxiety around a non- medicated birth. I now have many techniques to use to help me stay calm during my labour" Renee, March 2017
"The HypnoBirthing course is more than breathing and relaxation techniques. It offers information on the natural, physiological process of birth; birthing within today's medicalised birth culture" Tanya, March 2017"We enjoyed the home practices and became familiar with the essential breathing and visualisation strategies, I would find beneficial and use during my birthing. I found the affirmations and relaxation practices particularly vital during the entire first stage of my labour" Jasmine Sammut, February 2017"Really informative and enjoyable program. Lots of food for thought and tools to help us stay relaxed and focused. Thanks!" Cass & Guy, November 2016
About The Teacher
Jo is the first HypnoBirthing® Mongan Method Childbirth Educator for the Northern Territory. She is also a practising Registered Nurse and a Women's Health Nurse. For more than 10 years she has been teaching Classical Yoga and her passion is specialising in Pregnancy Yoga and Postnatal Recovery. Jo enjoys sharing the natural birthing techniques that HypnoBirthing® has to offer, as well as providing evidence based childbirth education, that empowers parents and promotes informed birth choices.
A Message From Jo
The HypnoBirthing® Mongan Method is a comprehensive natural childbirth education program with more than 28 years of proven results and many positive birth stories. Teaching women and their partners to reconnect with their natural ability to birth free from fear. Mothers learn how to trust their bodies and work with it and birth companions learn how to support mum during her birthing journey.