What is the HypnoBirthing® Institute?
The HypnoBirthing® Institute is a privately owned corporation with a single mission:
'To provide the highest quality childbirth education to women and their partners and to assist them in achieving a calm, safe and gentle birthing'.
Certified HypnoBirthing® Practitioners of the highest standing carry the GOLD SEAL (gold emblem) of Approval on their website, along with a certificate bearing their name and qualifications signed by Marie F. Mongan. This is the only authentic and recognized certification by the HypnoBirthing® Institute.
Annual recertification is required and the HypnoBirthing® Institute 'Code of Ethics and Standards' are to be met along with accruing Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Quality Assurance and Data Collection
As a leading childbirth preparation organization, recognized throughout the world, we are regularly called upon to provide evidence that buttresses our integrity and credibility in the birthing field. In order to do this, we need to show that what we are teaching in our classrooms is subsequently reflected in what is occurring in the birthing rooms.
The Institute has a system of data collection that allows data to be transmitted directly to the Institute by the practitioners and the parents through an on-line survey. This data reflects the classroom experience and the birthing experience.
For example, data provided by the HypnoBirthing® Institute, between 2005-2010 indicates that:
- 77% of HypnoBirthing® mothers who birthed vaginally did so without epidural anaesthesia.
- 45% of HypnoBirthing® mothers birthed in under eight hours.
- 17% of mothers birthed via C-section, compared with the national average of 32%.
- 9.5% of HypnoBirthing® mothers chose to birth in the comfort of their homes (national average is less than 1%).
- 6% of HypnoBirthing® mothers chose to birth in freestanding birth centres (national average is less than 1%).