- A specialised yoga class to best suit your changing body throughout your second and third trimester of pregnancy.
- With gentle pregnancy yoga postures for a safe yoga practice.
- No previous yoga experience required.
- Small class numbers for safe supervision and personal guidance.
- A natural way to alleviate common pregnancy discomforts such as hip pain, back ache, sciatica and general body tension.
- A nurturing time to relax, renew your energy and reduce the effects of every day stress.
- Provides a special time for mum to connect with her baby.
- A great way to prepare for labour naturally.
- Meet other mothers-to-be and feel supported throughout your pregnancy.
- Bring your own yoga mat OR ask Jo to bring one for you at the time of booking.
When to start
- Start anytime from 14 weeks of pregnancy and continue weekly right up until your 'due date'.
- Tuesday 5.30- 6.30 pm.
Class Dates 2022
- Will be announced soon :)
- $20 per Casual class.
- 10% discount for Prepaid 5 consecutive classes $90.
- The Prepaid 5 consecutive classes can be the block listed above.
- Or the Prepaid 5 consecutive classes can be a few classes at the end of a block and then follow on with the beginning of another block.
- Sorry no refunds for Prepaid 5 consecutive classes.
- Cash or bank deposit.
- Sorry no eftpos.
- Bookings are required due to limited space.
- The best way to book is to send Jo a text .
- Casual bookings: no later than 1 hours prior to the class.
- Prepaid bookings 5 consecutive classes: text Jo no later than 24 hours before the class and bank details will be provided.
- Paying by cash when you arrive before the class starts.
- Paying Prepaid by 12 noon on the day of the class. Then please text Jo your payment receipt. Thank you!
- Doors will be open 10 minutes prior to the class start time.
- For first timers a registration form is to be completed before the class.
'New Normal' with Covid-19
Yoga Motion has a Covid-19 Safety Plan:
- PLEASE follow the NT mask mandate: wear a mask before entering the yoga room, during the class and until you have left the premises.
- Use the Territory check in app at the front door.
- Keep a 1.5 m distance before, during and after the class until you have left the premises.
- Wash your hands with the sanitizer provided before the class.
- Bring your own mat or large towel for yoga practice.
- Do not attend a class for two weeks if you feel unwell with a cold or flu- like symptoms.
Thank you for your cooperation. Keeping safe.
Jo has received all required Covid-19 vaccinations
About The Teacher
JO brings many skills to her unique pregnancy yoga classes. She has been teaching Classical Yoga for 14 years and specialises in Pregnancy and Postnatal Recovery. She is a practicing Registered Nurse for 30 years, specialising in Women's Health. In 2013 Jo brought the HypnoBirthing® Mongan Method Childbirth Education Program to the N.T.
What Mums Say
"Thanks so much Jo, I always feel zoned out and relaxed after the class" Jemma, April 2021
"Great vibe, loved connecting with other pregnant ladies. Classes left me feeling positive and in control of my body and its capabilities for childbirth. Thanks Jo" Leah, February 2020
"Yoga Motion Pregnancy Yoga is great to connect with mind, body and soul. It really supported my home yoga practice and gave me ideas for movements and postures. Helped to release body tension and relax my mind" Lauren, July 2019
"Excellent, well worth the money, time and effort. I loved the relaxation, helping me to prepare mentally and physically for childbirth" Rebecca, June 2018
"Jo's pregnancy yoga has been so wonderful, not just for the physical and mental support during my pregnancy but also the social aspect of meeting like minded mums. Thank you!" Julia- Rose Lewis, April 2018
"Going to Yoga Motion felt like a treat to myself every time. Being able to focus on my body and my pregnancy without distractions and in a positive way was really nice. Jo is very knowledgeable" Anthea, November 2017"I feel confident and calm in what my body can do. Jo gently guides us and provides support for wherever we are in our pregnancy journey" Emma, Oct 2017
"Jo is very friendly, approachable and most of all knowledgeable. I have learnt so much about so many different aspects. I look forward to continuing classes post birth. Thank you, I'm sure my pregnancy has been better because of your classes xxx" Lisa Marriott, Aug 2017
"After working all day at a desk, I loved coming to Jo's yoga classes for the gentle practice and relaxation. The sessions are perfectly structured for pregnancy and preparing for an active birth" Jade Tavane, March 2017"A wonderfully balanced class to support all aspects of pregnancy. Jo's experience is invaluable and she offers great insights and knowledge. One of a kind in Alice Springs" Rachel, Nov 2016
"Jo's pregnancy yoga and active birth teachings are totally in line with listening to your body and heart for the best outcomes for your pregnancy, labour and birth. Highly recommended" Mara (Midwife) July 2015
'Birth Stories' from Mums that attended Jo's Pregnancy Yoga Classes: